Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Acrylic Peacock Painting Progress

So for some reason, my mom is the only one who can get traditional media pieces out of me. She originally just had the blue stripe painting on her wall, of course all my canvas' have been painted over a good 12 times. She is changing her decor, and has been begging me for a peacock for the longest time. So here it is, mom, what you've been waiting for... well and still will be. Its in progress...

So first just a rough outline in sharpie.
(view from sitting.. yes it's either standing up or sitting on the floor, I just can't seem to paint in a chair?? ) Just getting the base coat done. This is the cover up layer and lays out where my basic colors are going to be.
Almost there, Just need to cover up the background.

Now comes the worst part, the drying and the waiting. The whole reason I can't stand to do much traditional work. Digital is such a breeze, you mess up just undo it. You don't drip over where you just painted, and no dry time!! Thankfully acrylics dry rather fast, so my impatience doesn't drive me crazy.


2 comments:

Ruby said...

LOVING! Am surprised you did not do the white first! Anyway, adore already. How about you do a digital of a mini for the Daycations page??LOL

Miss Rebecca @ Flaming Ichijiku Art said...

@Daniel - Thank you, I am trying to get use to showing off the work in the progress shots rather than just finished, I always don't like it till its done!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.